This week is Niuean language week and we’re learning about Niue. This is my 4 facts about Niue, Enjoy!
1) This week it is _____ language week.
- a) Samoan b) Tongan
- c) Fijian d) Niuean
2) What is Niue often referred to as?
- a) The sun spot of Polynesia b) The Rock of Polynesia
- c) The tiny island nation d) The heart of the Pacific
3) Who was the first European settler to sight Niue?
- a) Captain James Cook b) Captain Jack Sparrow
- c) Captain James Busby c) Captain Hook
- i) When did he sight Niue?
→ He sighted niue in 1774.
4) How many attempts did Captain Cook make to land in Niue?
- a) Three b) Two
- c) None d) One
- i) Why do you think the people of Niue refused to let him set foot on shore?
→ Because of the diseases outside of the island.
5) What is the population of Niue
- a) 1,200 b) 16,00
- c) 1,600 d) 500
6) Why are the people of Niue considered to be New Zealand citizens?
→ Niue has no government and is free like New Zealand and New Zealand is like keeping Niue and since the New Zealand people are ruled over by the king Niue is too.
7) There are more Niuean people living in Niue than anywhere else in the world?
- a) True b) False
8) Find one interesting fact about Niue and write it here:
→Most of Niue’s population live in New Zealand or Australia.